New head appointed for high school
After several months under part-time leadership, Old Buckenham High School has appointed a new headmaster.In September the school seconded Michael Rose, headmaster at Wayland Community School in Watton, as acting headmaster.
After several months under part-time leadership, Old Buckenham High School has appointed a new headmaster.
In September the school seconded Michael Rose, headmaster at Wayland Community School in Watton, as acting headmaster.
The school had been without a head since the summer term when Graham Hodson took early retirement.
New recruit Peter Whear, 44, was deputy head at Haling Manor in Croydon for six years before spending just three months at Ravens Wood School in Kent.
You may also want to watch:
He said that he was attracted to the school instantly.
'I love the area and I love the school,' he said.
- 1 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 2 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 3 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 4 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 5 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 8 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
'I got the right kind of feeling the minute I arrived for the first time.'
Mr Rose will return to Wayland to carry on as a full-time head on January 1, when Mr Whear takes up his new appointment.
He praised the staff at Wayland for their leadership during a period where he only worked one day a week at the school, and said that they had done an excellent job.
'It's been a great term, lots of excitement and I've really enjoyed it,' he said.