Wymondham man prepares to run the London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A man from Wymondham is running the London marathon in aid of the Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.
On April 22, Martin Jones, the store manager of The Original Factory Shop in Wymondham will join thousands of other runners on the start line of the London Marathon.
Mr Jones took up running in 2016 after he was inspired by his daughter to take part in Park-Run, immediately taking to the sport he has since become a regular runner.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, grants wishes for children with long term or critical illnesses and is The Original Factory Shop's chosen charity.
Between the region's 20 stores staff and customers have raised more than £30,000 for the organisation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jones, who is aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity said: 'I am lucky to have the support from all our stores in East Anglia.'
So far Mr Jones has raised more than £2,000, to donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martinjones1981
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 4 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history