Wymondham man prepares to run the London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A man from Wymondham is running the London marathon in aid of the Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.
On April 22, Martin Jones, the store manager of The Original Factory Shop in Wymondham will join thousands of other runners on the start line of the London Marathon.
Mr Jones took up running in 2016 after he was inspired by his daughter to take part in Park-Run, immediately taking to the sport he has since become a regular runner.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, grants wishes for children with long term or critical illnesses and is The Original Factory Shop's chosen charity.
Between the region's 20 stores staff and customers have raised more than £30,000 for the organisation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jones, who is aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity said: 'I am lucky to have the support from all our stores in East Anglia.'
So far Mr Jones has raised more than £2,000, to donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martinjones1981
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 8 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom