Wymondham man prepares to run the London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A man from Wymondham is running the London marathon in aid of the Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.
On April 22, Martin Jones, the store manager of The Original Factory Shop in Wymondham will join thousands of other runners on the start line of the London Marathon.
Mr Jones took up running in 2016 after he was inspired by his daughter to take part in Park-Run, immediately taking to the sport he has since become a regular runner.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, grants wishes for children with long term or critical illnesses and is The Original Factory Shop's chosen charity.
Between the region's 20 stores staff and customers have raised more than £30,000 for the organisation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jones, who is aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity said: 'I am lucky to have the support from all our stores in East Anglia.'
So far Mr Jones has raised more than £2,000, to donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martinjones1981
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 10 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears