Wymondham man prepares to run the London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A man from Wymondham is running the London marathon in aid of the Make-A-Wish Foundation UK.
On April 22, Martin Jones, the store manager of The Original Factory Shop in Wymondham will join thousands of other runners on the start line of the London Marathon.
Mr Jones took up running in 2016 after he was inspired by his daughter to take part in Park-Run, immediately taking to the sport he has since become a regular runner.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation UK, grants wishes for children with long term or critical illnesses and is The Original Factory Shop's chosen charity.
Between the region's 20 stores staff and customers have raised more than £30,000 for the organisation.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jones, who is aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity said: 'I am lucky to have the support from all our stores in East Anglia.'
So far Mr Jones has raised more than £2,000, to donate visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/martinjones1981
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 5 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road