Annual Les King memorial match to kick off for a third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The annual memorial football match for Norfolk's King of Sport will be taking place tomorrow.
The third annual Les King Memorial Football Match will take place from 12.30pm on Saturday, July 28 in memory of Les King, who was known and loved across the county for his love of sport and keen fundraising.
A champion of local causes in his home town of Wymondham, Mr King, who was once voted the town's biggest personality since Robert Kett.
There will be three matches at Wymondham Town Football Club at King's Head Meadow, with all money going to Wymondham cancer charity Star Throwers, which was strongly supported by Mr King.
The sport will be kicked off with a ladies match at 12.30, followed by over-35s at 2pm and under-35s at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available from 11am and there will also be a barbecue, raffle, live music, entertainment and an auction.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 Can we get assistance to pay for long-term care?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected