Annual Les King memorial match to kick off for a third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The annual memorial football match for Norfolk's King of Sport will be taking place tomorrow.
The third annual Les King Memorial Football Match will take place from 12.30pm on Saturday, July 28 in memory of Les King, who was known and loved across the county for his love of sport and keen fundraising.
A champion of local causes in his home town of Wymondham, Mr King, who was once voted the town's biggest personality since Robert Kett.
There will be three matches at Wymondham Town Football Club at King's Head Meadow, with all money going to Wymondham cancer charity Star Throwers, which was strongly supported by Mr King.
The sport will be kicked off with a ladies match at 12.30, followed by over-35s at 2pm and under-35s at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available from 11am and there will also be a barbecue, raffle, live music, entertainment and an auction.
- 1 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 10 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far