Annual Les King memorial match to kick off for a third year
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The annual memorial football match for Norfolk's King of Sport will be taking place tomorrow.
The third annual Les King Memorial Football Match will take place from 12.30pm on Saturday, July 28 in memory of Les King, who was known and loved across the county for his love of sport and keen fundraising.
A champion of local causes in his home town of Wymondham, Mr King, who was once voted the town's biggest personality since Robert Kett.
There will be three matches at Wymondham Town Football Club at King's Head Meadow, with all money going to Wymondham cancer charity Star Throwers, which was strongly supported by Mr King.
The sport will be kicked off with a ladies match at 12.30, followed by over-35s at 2pm and under-35s at 3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available from 11am and there will also be a barbecue, raffle, live music, entertainment and an auction.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 5 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season
- 6 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 7 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting