Award winning 14-year-old raises thousands with latin dance evening
- Credit: Archant
More than £3,000 was raised at a dance event organised by an award winning 14-year-old.
Ezara-Mai Downes, who won a Diana Award earlier this year for her community work, put together the event, Latin Live, to combine her twin passions - dance and fundraising for Great Ormund Street Children's Hospital.
Hosted by veteran dance instructor Donna Pool, it included a masterclass dance session, and demonstrations from Laura Robinson and Richard Lifshitz.
The evening, held at Wymondham Central Hall, proved so popular another date has been set of October 12, 2019.
Ezara-Mai's mum, Lorna Downes, said: 'For me it was overwhelming. She's got so many people who want to come next year.
You may also want to watch:
'Obviously I'm really proud of her achievments and how hard she works every single night towards her goals of fundraising. I'm just a very proud mum. She gives all her time to charity.'
Ezara-Mai Downes has an extremely rare condition called Juvenile Dermatomyositis (JDM) which affects the muscles and skin and can cause a range of symptoms, the worst of which is extreme muscle pain.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 10 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
Ezara-Mai has raised more than £11,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), who have cared for her condition since her diagnosis.
Eventually she would like to raise £100,000 by the year 2025. On top of this she is an award-winning dancer, and has picked up numerous prizes.