Families chuffed as heritage railway offers free fares for children
- Credit: Mid Norfolk Railway
Families will be chuffed to learn that children under 15 can travel for free on the Mid Norfolk Railway this summer - even for special events.
This summer, a family ticket will allow up to four children aged five to 15 to travel free, while each adult fare can include two accompanying youngsters.
MNR commercial manager James Oakley said: “We are delighted to make this special offer as we recover from the difficult times that we have all experienced due to Covid-19.
“We hope this little encouragement will see many come to visit our fantastic railway and enjoy a journey through the heart of Norfolk aboard our heritage trains.”
The offer includes the Heritage Bus day on August 1, the Railway at War weekend on August 7-8, the Summer Steam Weekend on August 28-29, and ends on the railway’s Diesel Weekend on September 25-26.
You may also want to watch:
Unaccompanied older children, however, will still need to pay.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 4 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 5 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 6 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 7 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 8 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 9 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
- 10 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'