Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- Credit: Picture: The Orangery Tea Room
A popular tea room will be closed for a week after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.
The Orangery Team Room, in Church Road, Ketteringham, near Wymondham, said the staff member was at work on Sunday, November 22 and has since tested positive for the virus.
Due to staff shortages, the business will be closed until Friday, December 4.
Sarah Softley, co-owner, said; "It is with great sadness that we have had to close our doors for a short time. We have strived throughout the summer, and will continue, to provide a safe environment for our customers and staff and have been praised on many occasions on how safe people feel."
She thanked customers for their fantastic support and to staff for working tirelessly throughout the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Softley said the affected member of staff was wearing a mask all day but wanted to make customers aware in case they were exposed.
Staff members who have not come into contact will carry out a deep-clean of the entire tea room.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 10 New Norfolk Trail could 'attract more money' into market town