Internationally renowned opera singer performs at Norfolk school
- Credit: Attleborough Academy
An opera singer who has performed globally and who has the same voice coach who once worked with late Pavarotti has appeared as special guest at a Norfolk school.
Internationally renowned Soeun Jeon gave a live performance as part of the annual presentation evening at Attleborough Academy
Accompanied by the school's English and piano teacher, Deirdre Marr, she sang Puccini's O Mio Babbino followed by a beautiful operatic rendition of O Holy Night.
Originally from South Korea, the soprano now lives mainly in Italy and focusses on leading master classes and supporting young people to achieve their musical ambitions.
For the evening, during which staff and students celebrated the achievements of Year 11 who had produced the highest GCSE grades at the Academy to date, she was joined by guest speaker, Robert Jones, a former pupil at the school who is now Chief Superintendent, Police Commander for Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Neil McShane said the school had been 'grateful and fortunate' to have a world class singer flying specially from Italy to perform.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region