Internationally renowned opera singer performs at Norfolk school
- Credit: Attleborough Academy
An opera singer who has performed globally and who has the same voice coach who once worked with late Pavarotti has appeared as special guest at a Norfolk school.
Internationally renowned Soeun Jeon gave a live performance as part of the annual presentation evening at Attleborough Academy
Accompanied by the school's English and piano teacher, Deirdre Marr, she sang Puccini's O Mio Babbino followed by a beautiful operatic rendition of O Holy Night.
Originally from South Korea, the soprano now lives mainly in Italy and focusses on leading master classes and supporting young people to achieve their musical ambitions.
For the evening, during which staff and students celebrated the achievements of Year 11 who had produced the highest GCSE grades at the Academy to date, she was joined by guest speaker, Robert Jones, a former pupil at the school who is now Chief Superintendent, Police Commander for Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea.
Headteacher Neil McShane said the school had been 'grateful and fortunate' to have a world class singer flying specially from Italy to perform.
- 1 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 2 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
- 3 Hughes Electrical to close its Wymondham branch
- 4 Chef nominated for best wedding caterer of the year in the UK
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 7 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 8 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 9 Delays and road partially blocked after crash near Wymondham
- 10 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre