Internationally renowned opera singer performs at Norfolk school
- Credit: Attleborough Academy
An opera singer who has performed globally and who has the same voice coach who once worked with late Pavarotti has appeared as special guest at a Norfolk school.
Internationally renowned Soeun Jeon gave a live performance as part of the annual presentation evening at Attleborough Academy
Accompanied by the school's English and piano teacher, Deirdre Marr, she sang Puccini's O Mio Babbino followed by a beautiful operatic rendition of O Holy Night.
Originally from South Korea, the soprano now lives mainly in Italy and focusses on leading master classes and supporting young people to achieve their musical ambitions.
For the evening, during which staff and students celebrated the achievements of Year 11 who had produced the highest GCSE grades at the Academy to date, she was joined by guest speaker, Robert Jones, a former pupil at the school who is now Chief Superintendent, Police Commander for Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Neil McShane said the school had been 'grateful and fortunate' to have a world class singer flying specially from Italy to perform.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 3 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom