Internationally renowned opera singer performs at Norfolk school
- Credit: Attleborough Academy
An opera singer who has performed globally and who has the same voice coach who once worked with late Pavarotti has appeared as special guest at a Norfolk school.
Internationally renowned Soeun Jeon gave a live performance as part of the annual presentation evening at Attleborough Academy
Accompanied by the school's English and piano teacher, Deirdre Marr, she sang Puccini's O Mio Babbino followed by a beautiful operatic rendition of O Holy Night.
Originally from South Korea, the soprano now lives mainly in Italy and focusses on leading master classes and supporting young people to achieve their musical ambitions.
For the evening, during which staff and students celebrated the achievements of Year 11 who had produced the highest GCSE grades at the Academy to date, she was joined by guest speaker, Robert Jones, a former pupil at the school who is now Chief Superintendent, Police Commander for Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Neil McShane said the school had been 'grateful and fortunate' to have a world class singer flying specially from Italy to perform.
- 1 Tudor mansion for sale for £2.5m with link to magical Christmas tale
- 2 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 3 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 4 Man who assaulted neighbour with bird bath told to get legal advice
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable
- 9 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 10 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage