Internationally renowned opera singer performs at Norfolk school
- Credit: Attleborough Academy
An opera singer who has performed globally and who has the same voice coach who once worked with late Pavarotti has appeared as special guest at a Norfolk school.
Internationally renowned Soeun Jeon gave a live performance as part of the annual presentation evening at Attleborough Academy
Accompanied by the school's English and piano teacher, Deirdre Marr, she sang Puccini's O Mio Babbino followed by a beautiful operatic rendition of O Holy Night.
Originally from South Korea, the soprano now lives mainly in Italy and focusses on leading master classes and supporting young people to achieve their musical ambitions.
For the evening, during which staff and students celebrated the achievements of Year 11 who had produced the highest GCSE grades at the Academy to date, she was joined by guest speaker, Robert Jones, a former pupil at the school who is now Chief Superintendent, Police Commander for Westminster, Hammersmith, Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea.
You may also want to watch:
Headteacher Neil McShane said the school had been 'grateful and fortunate' to have a world class singer flying specially from Italy to perform.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide