Body of missing man found in market town
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The body of a 92-year-old man who was reported missing on Boxing Day has been found, police have said.
Frank Fidgeon, from Bodham, near Holt, was reported missing just after 4.30pm on December 26 after he had failed to show up to a planned visit to a family member at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
He had left his home in his black Nissan Qashqai at around 1.30pm that day.
A passer-by reported finding an elderly man unconscious on the ground in Rightup Lane, Wymondham, shortly after midday today (December 27).
He was pronounced dead at the scene by emergency service personnel.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification has not yet taken place, although Mr Fidgeon's family has been informed.
His death is not being treated as suspicious, and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
- 1 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 5 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 6 Norwich teacher questions home secretary over Covid policy in schools
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge