Hitchcock masterpiece at Regal
ALFRED Hitchcock's masterpiece, Rear Window, will be the Regal Experience Group's next classic screening at the old Wymondham Regal, now part of the local Ex-Services' Club on Sunday, June 28 (2.
ALFRED Hitchcock's masterpiece, Rear Window, will be the Regal Experience Group's next classic screening at the old Wymondham Regal, now part of the local Ex-Services' Club on Sunday, June 28 (2.30pm).
Made in 1954, Rear Window, which stars James Stewart and Grace Kelly, is an unusual thriller with gripping suspense and first-rate acting. Two years after the film was released, Grace Kelly married Prince Rainier of Monaco and virtually retired from acting.
During world war two the popular Stewart, start of such other movies as The Philadelphia Story and It's a Wonderful Life as well as numerous Westerns, was based in South Norfolk with the 8th US Army Air Force. He arrived at Tibbenham in 1943 to become Commanding Officer of the 703rd Squadron of the 445th Bomb Group with whom he flew 20 combat missions. In March 1944 he transferred to the 453rd Bomb Group at Old Buckenham, then from July 1944 he spent the rest of the war as Chief of Staff, later Commander, of the 2nd Combat Bomb Wing at Ketteringham Hall - finishing off as a Colonel.
The supporting film, Work in Progress, made in 1951, documents public transport - trains, buses and ships - at that time. It's a real nostalgic trip down memory lane!
Tickets for the show at the old Wymondham Regal on Sunday, June 28, 2.30pm, are available from Maureen Dodman on 01953 605593 or Michael Armstrong on 01953 403246 and at the Wymondham Heritage Museum. Prices are �4.50, concessions �3.50.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 A11 closure to continue as roadworks finally begin
- 3 Daughter's 100-mile charity pledge for father who died of cancer
- 4 Heritage railway plans running days to celebrate Queen's Jubilee
- 5 Pro dancer transforms Norfolk barber's shop into a new pilates studio
- 6 Drivers face delays on A11 - and the bulk of the work has yet to begin
- 7 Two lorries and two cars involved in crash on A11
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot