Hethersett welcomes Chinese artists for a cultural exchange visit
- Credit: Archant
Two very different cultures have come together for a harmonious celebration and display of an ancient art form in Hethersett.
On February 7, a group of Chinese artists joined local artists and guests to bring a splash of colour and diversity in Hethersett Village Hall.
The visit also celebrated the coming of the Chinese New Year - the Year of the Dog - which starts on Friday, February 16.
More than 30 artists from Foshan in the Guangdong Province of South Eastern China came to Norfolk immediately after touching down at Heathrow Airport in the early hours of the morning.
The visit was part of a Chinese New Year Heritage Culture Exchange and was set-up by Hethersett artist Grace Yan and her husband Alex.
You may also want to watch:
Grace was born in China has lived in England for the past 20 years and in Hethersett for the past five years.
She is also a member of the Hethersett art group which meets in the village hall on Wednesday mornings.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 5 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
During the visit the Chinese guests and their English counterparts enjoyed taking part in the ancient art of Foshan Paper Cutting.
An art form which was popular in the Qing Dynasty and became one of the leading exponents of the art in both China and the world.
Today, practicing Foshan artists produce modern art with a traditional look.
Guests for the Hethersett event, which was run under a banner of an official visit to the Norwich area, included the Lord Mayor of Norwich David Fullman and Sheriff of Norwich David Walker.
After visiting Hethersett the Chinese artists travelled onto Wales and other parts of the British Isles.