Village to be turned into a running course for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A village is preparing for an event of athletic proportions as it is turned into a two mile running course and family fun day.
Hethersett Run the Square has combined with It Takes a Village to host family events and trails after the run.
Returning for its ninth year, on Sunday, July 8, the event will see runners take on a two mile course around the village before a trail through Rowan House, Hethersett Social Club and Hethersett Academy with family fun along the way.
Sport enthusiasts can discover a host of activities including penalty shootouts, fitness classes, and a giant deck chair amongst other sporting games to get stuck into.
Because of the event Queens Road, New Road, Great Melton Road, Old Norwich Road and Mill Road will be closed from 10.45am till 11.45am.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from the day will go to Norwich City Football Club's Community Sports Foundation.
Entry is £3 for adults and £1.50 for children under-16.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night