Village to be turned into a running course for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A village is preparing for an event of athletic proportions as it is turned into a two mile running course and family fun day.
Hethersett Run the Square has combined with It Takes a Village to host family events and trails after the run.
Returning for its ninth year, on Sunday, July 8, the event will see runners take on a two mile course around the village before a trail through Rowan House, Hethersett Social Club and Hethersett Academy with family fun along the way.
Sport enthusiasts can discover a host of activities including penalty shootouts, fitness classes, and a giant deck chair amongst other sporting games to get stuck into.
Because of the event Queens Road, New Road, Great Melton Road, Old Norwich Road and Mill Road will be closed from 10.45am till 11.45am.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from the day will go to Norwich City Football Club's Community Sports Foundation.
Entry is £3 for adults and £1.50 for children under-16.
- 1 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 2 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 3 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 4 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 5 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 6 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 7 Lotus Cars ‘larger than life’ designer dies aged 76
- 8 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 9 Daily coronavirus cases in Norfolk soar again
- 10 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge