Village to be turned into a running course for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A village is preparing for an event of athletic proportions as it is turned into a two mile running course and family fun day.
Hethersett Run the Square has combined with It Takes a Village to host family events and trails after the run.
Returning for its ninth year, on Sunday, July 8, the event will see runners take on a two mile course around the village before a trail through Rowan House, Hethersett Social Club and Hethersett Academy with family fun along the way.
Sport enthusiasts can discover a host of activities including penalty shootouts, fitness classes, and a giant deck chair amongst other sporting games to get stuck into.
Because of the event Queens Road, New Road, Great Melton Road, Old Norwich Road and Mill Road will be closed from 10.45am till 11.45am.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds from the day will go to Norwich City Football Club's Community Sports Foundation.
Entry is £3 for adults and £1.50 for children under-16.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead