Hethersett steps out for greener future
Hethersett is taking its first steps towards becoming a green village.A special working party of the parish council has been set up to draw up an action plan to help the village reduce its carbon footprint.
Hethersett is taking its first steps towards becoming a green village.
A special working party of the parish council has been set up to draw up an action plan to help the village reduce its carbon footprint.
The “Hethersett A Green Village 2008” campaign has been launched to help reduce pollution and generally make the village greener.
The working party, consist-ing of parish councillors George Beckford, Anne Edwards, Fred Watkins, Heather Williamson and Gary Wyatt, will have power to co-opt other members and will start by drawing up the action plan designed to reduce the carbon footprint and identify ways that the whole village can go green.
You may also want to watch:
A public meeting will be called at a date still to be set when experts will speak on climate change and how villages such as Hethersett can deal with it.
Mr Beckford said: “It is vital that we go greener. Now is the time for residents to think about how they can join the scheme. There are a thousand and one ways people can do their bit.”
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
Meanwhile, Hethersett Env-ironmental Action Group's next litterpick will take place on January 26. Volunteers are invited to help clean up the village (equipment is provided). Meet outside the Methodist Church at 10am.
The group's next meeting will be on February 27 in the upstairs room at the Methodist Church at 8pm.