Village road to be closed for four days for resurfacing
- Credit: Archant
Villagers in Hethersett are being warned about a road closure later this month.
Work will begin on Monday, November 19, to carry out major carriageway resurfacing works on Back Lane. The work take four days to complete, subject to suitable weather conditions.
The road will be closed from the junction with Little Melton Road eastwards to the junction with Baker Drive and Churchfields.
During the resurfacing works it will be necessary to close the road to all through traffic.
A fully signed official diversion route via Norwich Road, Queens Road and Henstead Road will be in operation between 7.30am and 5.00pm each day.
You may also want to watch:
Vehicle access to businesses and properties within the limits of the closure will be maintained from one end at all times. Pedestrian access will be maintained while work is underway.
Norfolk County Council would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing damaged road surface are carried out.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 3 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 7 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 8 WATCH: Speedy Eva, 81, runs fastest mile on record for her age group
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
The work, which will cost £54,000, will be carried out by Norfolk County Council's community and environmental services department and its contractors.