Hethersett pantomime Sleeping Beauty breaks box office records
- Credit: Archant
This year's Hethersett Pantomime Group's presentation of Sleeping Beauty broke box office records, with all nine performances sold out for the first time ever.
Neville Greenhalgh, chairman of the Pantomime Group, said: 'I would like to thank everyone involved over the months leading up to the panto and during panto week for their hard work and commitment.
'The actors and band rightly get the applause on the night, but so many other people contribute to putting on a show and it would take too long to list them all.
'This year set a new record, in that we sold out for each performance before the start of the run.'
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of three Hethersett pantomime stalwarts - Tony Press, Marie Stevenson and Peter Salter.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the pantomime group passed the £100,000 mark in its donations to charities and good causes and this will be added to when the accounts are updated for the 2017 shows.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Should I invest in Shareholder Protection?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected