Hethersett pantomime Sleeping Beauty breaks box office records
- Credit: Archant
This year's Hethersett Pantomime Group's presentation of Sleeping Beauty broke box office records, with all nine performances sold out for the first time ever.
Neville Greenhalgh, chairman of the Pantomime Group, said: 'I would like to thank everyone involved over the months leading up to the panto and during panto week for their hard work and commitment.
'The actors and band rightly get the applause on the night, but so many other people contribute to putting on a show and it would take too long to list them all.
'This year set a new record, in that we sold out for each performance before the start of the run.'
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of three Hethersett pantomime stalwarts - Tony Press, Marie Stevenson and Peter Salter.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the pantomime group passed the £100,000 mark in its donations to charities and good causes and this will be added to when the accounts are updated for the 2017 shows.
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 8 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths