Hethersett pantomime Sleeping Beauty breaks box office records
- Credit: Archant
This year's Hethersett Pantomime Group's presentation of Sleeping Beauty broke box office records, with all nine performances sold out for the first time ever.
Neville Greenhalgh, chairman of the Pantomime Group, said: 'I would like to thank everyone involved over the months leading up to the panto and during panto week for their hard work and commitment.
'The actors and band rightly get the applause on the night, but so many other people contribute to putting on a show and it would take too long to list them all.
'This year set a new record, in that we sold out for each performance before the start of the run.'
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of three Hethersett pantomime stalwarts - Tony Press, Marie Stevenson and Peter Salter.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the pantomime group passed the £100,000 mark in its donations to charities and good causes and this will be added to when the accounts are updated for the 2017 shows.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000