Hethersett pantomime Sleeping Beauty breaks box office records
- Credit: Archant
This year's Hethersett Pantomime Group's presentation of Sleeping Beauty broke box office records, with all nine performances sold out for the first time ever.
Neville Greenhalgh, chairman of the Pantomime Group, said: 'I would like to thank everyone involved over the months leading up to the panto and during panto week for their hard work and commitment.
'The actors and band rightly get the applause on the night, but so many other people contribute to putting on a show and it would take too long to list them all.
'This year set a new record, in that we sold out for each performance before the start of the run.'
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of three Hethersett pantomime stalwarts - Tony Press, Marie Stevenson and Peter Salter.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the pantomime group passed the £100,000 mark in its donations to charities and good causes and this will be added to when the accounts are updated for the 2017 shows.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 8 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 9 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages