Hethersett pantomime Sleeping Beauty breaks box office records
- Credit: Archant
This year's Hethersett Pantomime Group's presentation of Sleeping Beauty broke box office records, with all nine performances sold out for the first time ever.
Neville Greenhalgh, chairman of the Pantomime Group, said: 'I would like to thank everyone involved over the months leading up to the panto and during panto week for their hard work and commitment.
'The actors and band rightly get the applause on the night, but so many other people contribute to putting on a show and it would take too long to list them all.
'This year set a new record, in that we sold out for each performance before the start of the run.'
This year's show was dedicated to the memory of three Hethersett pantomime stalwarts - Tony Press, Marie Stevenson and Peter Salter.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the pantomime group passed the £100,000 mark in its donations to charities and good causes and this will be added to when the accounts are updated for the 2017 shows.
- 1 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge
- 2 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush