Heritage society samples the high life
Wymondham Heritage Society starts its new season on a high note when wartime bomber pilot turned autogyro pioneer Wing Cmdr Ken Wallis gives a talk entitled The Wallis Autogyro.
Wymondham Heritage Society starts its new season on a high note when wartime bomber pilot turned autogyro pioneer Wing Cmdr Ken Wallis gives a talk entitled The Wallis Autogyro. Mr Wallis, from Reymerston, whose autogyro Little Nellie found fame in the Bond movie You Only Live Twice, is often spotted travelling across the Norfolk sky.
His talk will be at the Fairland Hall next Thursday at 7.30pm.
Many of of this year's other talks have a Wymondham theme. Subjects range from Wymondham parish guilds in the 16th century to the first world war: Wymondham men and some of their stories.
Occasional visits to places of interest are arranged and members receive free editions of the society newsletter. Membership also enables free entry to the town heritage museum.
You may also want to watch:
More details from Geoff Head on 01953 602457.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000