Here to Help: Where to find support in Wymondham and Attleborough during the coronavirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant/Jo Howard/Victoria Pamment
We are entering uncertain times and know very little about how the next few months will unfold.
But as attempts are made to limit the spread of coronavirus, what’s clear is that some of the most vulnerable in our communities are likely to need support.
Having launched our Here to Help campaign alongside Norfolk County Council, we’re looking to build an army of helpers who can step in and provide that extra help.
In Wymondham, Attleborough and the surrounding villages businesses and residents are already going above and beyond to lend a helping hand.
On this page we will collate a list of all those in the area offering additional services, which will be updated continuously in the coming weeks and months.
You may also want to watch:
We’ve also included Here to Help postcards, which we would love to see people posting through their neighbours’ letterboxes.
For more information or to download cards, click here.
Here’s what people and places in the Wymondham and Attleborough area are doing to help:
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 4 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 8 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 9 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 10 Bagpiper lifts spirits for care home residents on Burns Night
• The Bakery, Attleborough - free delivery
• Wymondham Doorstep Helpers - collect and delivering essential supplies, call 01508 533933
• Rys Bar and Grill, Attleborough - free delivery of reasonably priced hot meals to those in isolation
• Boots, Hingham - designating 9 - 10am every morning as a shopping time for over-70s
• Taylors Petfoods, Attleborough - free delivery
• Hingham Helpers - offering range of services including shopping, picking up supplies, dog walking. Call Victoria on 07557235117 or Jo on 07895711461.
• Susan’s Work Basket, Attleborough - free delivery to Attleborough and East Harling
• Helping Hands, New Buckenham - group of volunteers in the village offering range of services including shopping, picking up supplies, dog walking, posting mail. Call Alice and Richard on 01953 860136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The London Tavern, Attleborough - taking donations of supplies and distributing to those in need
• Little Boutique, Wymondham - free delivery in Wymondham and as far as Attleborough for a spend of £15
• Tony Perkins Butchers, Attleborough - extending delivery service to those in isolation
• Merv’s Hot Bread Kitchen, Wymondham - delivering locally. Call 01953 607118 or 07771996844
• Aldridge Crafts and Gifts, Attleborough - delivering locally
• Hingham Butchers - free delivery within the local area
• Cranks Bicycles, Attleborough - collection and delivery of bikes needing repairs
• Station Bistro, Wymondham - delivery of breakfast, lunch or cakes
• Nuts ‘n’ Bolts, Attleborough - free delivery to those in isolation
• Laura’s Afternoon Tea, Wymondham - delivering locally as usual
• TM Burrows Greengrocers, Wicklewood - home delivery in Attleborough and Wymondham area
• Myhills, Attleborough - free delivery
• Connaught Coffee House, Attleborough - offering help in any way they can
• Angel Cakes Tearoom, New Buckenham - free delivery 11.30am - 1.30pm
• Mrs Beans, Attleborough - free delivery
• Start-studio, Wymondham - delivery of art supplies
• AW Myhill Euronics, Attleborough - free delivery
• Ragged Robin Florist - taking payments over the phone and delivering as normal
• Thing-Me-Bobs, Attleborough - priority shopping time for the elderly, Monday to Saturday 8.30-9am
• Mulbarton MOT and Repair Centre - car collection and drop-off
• Pyjama Drama Mid Norfolk - online club for two to seven year olds from March 30
• The Original Factory Shop, Wymondham - ‘golden hour’ for elderly and vulnerable customers from 8.30-9.30am
If you are doing something to help in your community, email email@example.com.
For updates on the campaign, join the Here to Help Facebook page.
For the latest on how coronavirus is affecting people in Norfolk and Waveney, join the Norfolk Coronavirus Updates page.