Gym instructor’s exercise challenge to raise money for Norwich Mind
- Credit: Archant
A gym owner who says exercise can help mental health is calling on the community to join him in an exercise challenge to raise money for charity.
Jamie-Lee Weller, who has helped high-profile racing drivers get fit, will be fundraising at his gym JW Core in Long Stratton all this week.
And all you have to do to help him raise funds for the mental health charity, Norwich Mind, is turn up, take part and donate a minimum of £5.
Fundraisers will do a warm up and a series of exercises as part of the Repetition Challenge with its 1,000 repetitions.
The martial arts instructor said: 'I work with a lot of families and there are a lot of people struggling with mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
'Exercise is one tool that can help alleviate symptoms and it gives people a sense of achievement and purpose when they achieve goals.
'You don't need to be a member to take part - you just need to have your blood pressure taken when you arrive at the gym.'
- 1 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 3 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 8 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk