Gym instructor’s exercise challenge to raise money for Norwich Mind
- Credit: Archant
A gym owner who says exercise can help mental health is calling on the community to join him in an exercise challenge to raise money for charity.
Jamie-Lee Weller, who has helped high-profile racing drivers get fit, will be fundraising at his gym JW Core in Long Stratton all this week.
And all you have to do to help him raise funds for the mental health charity, Norwich Mind, is turn up, take part and donate a minimum of £5.
Fundraisers will do a warm up and a series of exercises as part of the Repetition Challenge with its 1,000 repetitions.
The martial arts instructor said: 'I work with a lot of families and there are a lot of people struggling with mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
'Exercise is one tool that can help alleviate symptoms and it gives people a sense of achievement and purpose when they achieve goals.
'You don't need to be a member to take part - you just need to have your blood pressure taken when you arrive at the gym.'
- 1 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 2 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure
- 3 Thousands of pounds given to surgery in Lorraine's memory
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 10 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road