Giant teddy returned to festival
A giant straw teddy that was stolen from a charity festival is being reunited with its owners after being found abandoned 15 miles away.An amateur dramatics group made an appeal for information earlier this week after their creation was taken from the Great Ellingham Teddy Bear Festival, near Attleborough.
A giant straw teddy that was stolen from a charity festival is being reunited with its owners after being found abandoned 15 miles away.
An amateur dramatics group made an appeal for information earlier this week after their creation was taken from the Great Ellingham Teddy Bear Festival, near Attleborough.
But 'Alice in Wonderbearland', who was stolen on Saturday night, was being returned to the village today after being dumped by thieves in a ditch near Pulham Market.
The 5ft 3inch tall bear, which was promoting the Great Ellingham Pretenders drama group, was found by a member of the public and was reported to police.
Owner Douglas Ord said he did not know the condition of the Alice bear, but he hoped to have her back on display at the corner of Church Street and the B1077 Watton Road in the next few days.
Meanwhile, another bear was snatched outside a home in Long Street on Tuesday at about 12.30pm. It's believed Freddie Bear, who was dressed as Freddie Mercury, was bundled into a car. One of his shoes is all that remains.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 3 'A great day' - Wymondham holds first food and drink festival
- 4 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 5 Wymondham teen wins silver medal at Archery World Cup
- 6 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 7 Road closed in mid Norfolk after electrical cables catch fire
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 Football club treasurer stole funds to pay for slimming pills
- 10 Part of A11 to close for overnight repairs following crash
A teddy fun day is set to take place from 10am at St James' Church in Great Ellingham on Saturday.