Funeral director's boost for community
WYMONDHAM funeral director R J Bartram & Son has donated £200 for the purchase of a drawing board for The Busy Bees Nursery. The charity-run nursery approached the company to see if they could help buy equipment for the children.
WYMONDHAM funeral director R J Bartram & Son has donated £200 for the purchase of a drawing board for The Busy Bees Nursery.
The charity-run nursery approached the company to see if they could help buy equipment for the children.
Funeral director Julie Jarvis and funeral arranger Diane Leonard went along to the nursery to present the equipment last week. Nursery Manager Alison Fletcher said: “As a charity run playgroup we are always delighted when local businesses offer help, and we very grateful to R J Bartram & Son for their kind donation”.
The same day Amy Palmer who plays for Norwich City under 10s squad went along to the funeral home in Fairland Street where she received a cheque for £100 from funeral director Julie Jarvis.
You may also want to watch:
The money is to go towards the under 10's tour in May, and is part of the FITC (Football in the Community) project. Emma Fletcher of Norwich City Football club said: “The girls have been working very hard to raise funds for their tour. I am very pleased that local companies such as R J Bartram & Sons have supported Aimee through this way and thank them for their kind contribution”.
Anyone wishing to contact Busy Bees Playgroup can do so on 01953 601538.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'