Fuel firm's expansion plans set to go ahead
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.
Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
The scheme at Victory Park, next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate, is being recommended for approval, despite strong objections from Attleborough Town Council.
If approved, J R Rix and Sons will move from its existing premises in Besthorpe where it will be able to expand and take on extra staff. Breckland Council has invested �450,000 to create access to the six acres of new commercial land.
Town leaders and the Attleborough Chamber of Trade and Commerce have opposed the plans, which they say would pose fire and environmental pollution risks as well as noise, light and odour problems for nearby homes and businesses. Concerns have been raised about 24/7 HGV movements on London Road.
The proposals have received no opposition from the Environment Agency. However, the council's environmental health officer has asked for more information about noise generation.
- 1 Man assaults delivery driver and runs off with sack of parcels
- 2 Lotus reopens Norfolk test-track driving experiences and factory tour
- 3 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 4 Motorcyclist suffers serious leg injury and person cut from car after crash
- 5 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 9 major jubilee events taking place across Norfolk
- 10 Person released from car and road closed after two-vehicle crash