Fuel firm's expansion plans set to go ahead
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.
Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
The scheme at Victory Park, next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate, is being recommended for approval, despite strong objections from Attleborough Town Council.
If approved, J R Rix and Sons will move from its existing premises in Besthorpe where it will be able to expand and take on extra staff. Breckland Council has invested �450,000 to create access to the six acres of new commercial land.
You may also want to watch:
Town leaders and the Attleborough Chamber of Trade and Commerce have opposed the plans, which they say would pose fire and environmental pollution risks as well as noise, light and odour problems for nearby homes and businesses. Concerns have been raised about 24/7 HGV movements on London Road.
The proposals have received no opposition from the Environment Agency. However, the council's environmental health officer has asked for more information about noise generation.
- 1 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 2 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Full steam ahead for track renewal work on railway
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 8 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 9 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
- 10 Bakeaholics teen owner buys herself a whopping new kitchen