Fuel firm's expansion plans set to go ahead
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.
Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
The scheme at Victory Park, next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate, is being recommended for approval, despite strong objections from Attleborough Town Council.
If approved, J R Rix and Sons will move from its existing premises in Besthorpe where it will be able to expand and take on extra staff. Breckland Council has invested �450,000 to create access to the six acres of new commercial land.
You may also want to watch:
Town leaders and the Attleborough Chamber of Trade and Commerce have opposed the plans, which they say would pose fire and environmental pollution risks as well as noise, light and odour problems for nearby homes and businesses. Concerns have been raised about 24/7 HGV movements on London Road.
The proposals have received no opposition from the Environment Agency. However, the council's environmental health officer has asked for more information about noise generation.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 5 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 6 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter