Fuel firm's expansion plans set to go ahead
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
A petroleum company's relocation plans are set to get the go-ahead next week, despite concerns about the impact on neighbours in Attleborough.
Proposals for the creation of a fuel depot at a new business park in London Road are set to be discussed by Breckland councillors on Monday.
The scheme at Victory Park, next to the Haverscroft Industrial Estate, is being recommended for approval, despite strong objections from Attleborough Town Council.
If approved, J R Rix and Sons will move from its existing premises in Besthorpe where it will be able to expand and take on extra staff. Breckland Council has invested �450,000 to create access to the six acres of new commercial land.
You may also want to watch:
Town leaders and the Attleborough Chamber of Trade and Commerce have opposed the plans, which they say would pose fire and environmental pollution risks as well as noise, light and odour problems for nearby homes and businesses. Concerns have been raised about 24/7 HGV movements on London Road.
The proposals have received no opposition from the Environment Agency. However, the council's environmental health officer has asked for more information about noise generation.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote