Four arrested for shoplifting in Waitrose
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested yesterday following an incident at a supermarket in Wymondham.
Police were called to Waitrose on Norwich Road at 4pm yesterday to reports of shoplifting and detained a man in his 20s, from Colchester, who had made off on foot.
Hours later, at 6.30pm, a Vauxhall Corsa was pulled over 20 miles away on the A143 in Scole on suspicion of dangerous driving, failure to stop and no insurance.
Three more men, all from Colchester, were arrested, two in their 20s and one in his 30s, in connection to the shoplifting incident in Wymondham.
The vehicle was also seized by officers.
You may also want to watch:
All four were taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where they remain for questioning.
- 1 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 2 Man found with cannabis and £1,800 in lockdown, court hears
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
- 9 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 10 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?