Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
- Credit: Ashley Cashfield
Stunning drone footage has captured the Flying Scotsman ferrying delighted passengers through the Norfolk countryside.
The video, captured by Ashley Cashfield, from Dereham, shows the historic steam locomotive travelling from Dereham towards Brick Kiln Junction, near Kimberley.
Scotsman has spent the past two weekends transporting lucky ticket-holders behind the engine along the Mid Norfolk Railway (MNR).
One of them was Mr Cashfield, who rode the 12pm service on Saturday (October 9).
"We decided, after seeing everyone queuing at the platform to get the same photo, to go and do something a bit more artsy," said the 29-year-old.
"We scoped out a location just past Garveston and found a footpath beside a field where we could launch. That gave us a clear vantage point as it came past."
Flying Scotsman will run on the MNR for one final day this Saturday (October 16).
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Former factory site to become a new church
- 3 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary
- 4 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 5 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 6 'It's a big loss' - Town's business owners react after Lloyds announces closure
- 7 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 8 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Attleborough set to have no bank as Lloyds announces closure