‘Flames as tall as the trees’: Close shave for passengers in bus fire
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service tackled a bus fire in a Breckland village this morning.
Emergency services were called at 7.24am today (Monday, November 12) to Hall Road in Carleton Rode, near Attleborough after the Konect 37a service caught fire. No one was injured.
College student Alex Pickering, 16, said he was sitting at the back of the bus when he noticed the smell of burning petrol.
Mr Pickering, from Banham, said: 'The smoke started to come out of the back so we all got off. The flames were coming out of the top of the bus, it was reaching the trees, and there was thick, black smoke.
'It went up extremely quickly after we got out. It was quite weird.
You may also want to watch:
'Our bus driver John was amazing. He made sure everyone was okay and was brilliant in the situation.'
Fire service appliances from Attleborough, Wymondham, and Carrow were called and the bus passengers were taken away from the scene.
- 1 Award-winning war film shot in Norfolk and Suffolk released on Amazon Prime
- 2 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge
- 3 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 4 Lotus Cars ‘larger than life’ designer dies aged 76
- 5 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 6 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 7 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 8 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 9 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 10 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
Mr Pickering said that a kind resident of a nearby cottage served up drinks during the long wait for another bus.