Air ambulance called as driver loses control of car due to illness
- Credit: Google Maps
An air ambulance was called on Sunday when a driver was taken ill and lost control of their vehicle.
A police spokesperson said a car drifted across the B1172 Harts Farm Road, in Wymondham, mounted the kerb and crashed into a vehicle.
The incident happened just after 12.20pm on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews, one each from Wymondham and Hethersett, which rescued the driver from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
They made the scene safe and stabilised the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
However it is not believed the driver suffered serious injuries.
- 1 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 How has Wymondham recovered from its coronavirus spike?
- 4 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 5 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 6 Rough sleepers' plea to be 'kept inside' as council secures £635k funding
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Festive lights show at popular garden centre
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Carrot gold: Maverick painter swaps screwdriver for vegetable