Air ambulance called as driver loses control of car due to illness
- Credit: Google Maps
An air ambulance was called on Sunday when a driver was taken ill and lost control of their vehicle.
A police spokesperson said a car drifted across the B1172 Harts Farm Road, in Wymondham, mounted the kerb and crashed into a vehicle.
The incident happened just after 12.20pm on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews, one each from Wymondham and Hethersett, which rescued the driver from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
They made the scene safe and stabilised the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
However it is not believed the driver suffered serious injuries.
- 1 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 2 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 3 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 4 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 5 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 6 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom