Air ambulance called as driver loses control of car due to illness
- Credit: Google Maps
An air ambulance was called on Sunday when a driver was taken ill and lost control of their vehicle.
A police spokesperson said a car drifted across the B1172 Harts Farm Road, in Wymondham, mounted the kerb and crashed into a vehicle.
The incident happened just after 12.20pm on Sunday afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews, one each from Wymondham and Hethersett, which rescued the driver from the vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment.
They made the scene safe and stabilised the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was also called.
However it is not believed the driver suffered serious injuries.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote