Ferrari executive takes top job at Lotus
Paul Hill, business editorLotus has recruited a senior executive from the legendary Italian carmaker Ferrari as its new chief executive.The top job at the Norfolk carmaker has been vacant since veteran boss Mike Kimberley announced his retirement in July through ill-health.Paul Hill, business editor
Lotus has recruited a senior executive from the legendary Italian carmaker Ferrari as its new chief executive.
The top job at the Norfolk carmaker has been vacant since veteran boss Mike Kimberley announced his retirement in July through ill-health.
Today Lotus confirmed that Dany Bahar, senior vice-president at Ferrari, will take the role of chief executive from October 1.
Mr Bahar has been responsible for Ferrari's worldwide road car sales as well as the Formula 1 team's marketing and merchandising.
You may also want to watch:
"I am looking forward to taking on the challenges as CEO of this legendary and iconic company with a peerless motorsport history," Mr Bahar said.
"Lotus has a worldwide reputation for innovative engineering and superb sportscars that lead the world in efficiency, design and dynamics.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 5 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 6 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 7 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Car dealership next to doctor's surgery given go-ahead
"With the recent launch of the award-winning Evora, there is proof that Lotus is better placed than many to capitalise on the rapidly changing automotive market. I can't wait to get my plans underway in October."
Before joining Ferrari, Mr Bahar was head of corporate projects for the international drinks brand Red Bull, setting up its Formula 1 strategy and its Nascar team in the United States.
Group Lotus chairman Dato' Mohd Nadzmi Mohd Salleh said: "With Dany's track record in motorsports and Ferrari, we strongly believe that we have found the right CEO to enhance the Lotus image, brand and reputation as a world class sportscar and engineering company. With a strong management team already in place, we are confident this objective can be attained."