Ex-Met man heads Attleborough police
FORMER Met detective Insp Adam Hayes has taken over as police inspector for Attleborough. Inspector Hayes moves from Diss where he was inspector for two years.
FORMER Met detective Insp Adam Hayes has taken over as police inspector for Attleborough.
Inspector Hayes moves from Diss where he was inspector for two years. There he was responsible for starting five Safer Neighbourhood Teams at Poringland, Long Stratton, Harleston, Loddon and Diss, while crime in South Norfolk last year under his tenure fell by 12pc compared to the previous year.
He has 21 years service with 16 years as a detective in the Metropolitan Police before transferring to Norfolk in 2003. He spent two years on the Tactical Crime Unit in Norwich concentrating on Class A drug dealers before he was posted to Diss in 2006.
Inspector Hayes said: “I am extremely excited about coming to Attleborough under the Chief Constable's reorganisation for the Force. There has been a lot of good work carried out already by the Attleborough SNT in joint working with our multi-agency partners to reduce problems and issues at a local level.
You may also want to watch:
“There is still further work to do in increasing customer satisfaction, reducing crime and increasing the amounts of crime we detect and I look forward to the challenges this will present. I am dedicated to making Attleborough and the surrounding villages an even safer place in which to live.”
Attleborough district has the lowest levels of recorded crime in the force, has already reduced crime by 27pc against last year and has a detection rate of 50pc.
- 1 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 6 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 9 Norfolk airfield to host testing of 'world-first' electric plane
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
One of his first plans is to set up an Attleborough Pub Watch scheme that will ban rowdy individuals from all licensed premises that sell alcohol.
Inspector Hayes added: “This together with the town's public area ban on drinking will help to reduce alcohol related offences even further. This scheme of 'Get banned from one and you're banned from us all' worked very well with the licensed premises in Diss.”
To report incidents of concern, such as anti-social behaviour in your neighbourhood or hear about work currently being carried out, contact Attleborough SNT on 0845 4564567.
You can visit the Safer Norfolk web-site at www.safernorfolk.co.uk