Event will showcase Wymondham talent
Wymondham will shortly be celebrating a new quarterly music night that will showcase the talents of local artists.Called The Electric Fence it is the brainchild of musician Rob Duhig who has run one of Norfolk's most successful clubs, Meet in the Hedge, for more than seven years.
Wymondham will shortly be celebrating a new quarterly music night that will showcase the talents of local artists.
Called The Electric Fence it is the brainchild of musician Rob Duhig who has run one of Norfolk's most successful clubs, Meet in the Hedge, for more than seven years.
“I felt that the time was right to expand. There are so many artists that deserve a better showcase, and I know that the public want to see quality musicians without having to travel too far,” he explained.
Mr Duhig approached Sarah Allen of the Queens Head in Wymondham who has allowed him the use of the large function room above the pub. Within a day of announcing to his contacts the setting up of the venture, he had the first two nights booked up with 12 different acts. “An amazing response,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The aim of The Electric Fence is to give the public a professional show with six acts each night without the expense of travelling to Norwich or further afield.
He added: “The format will allow musicians to showcase their talents and promote themselves. All we ask is that the audience consider donating a £1 each so we can improve the facilities in the future. Where else can you see six acts for less than 20pence each?”
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
The first event will be 8pm on Saturday featuring Trevor Ash, Green Bullet, Brett & Woods, The Good Times, Scott Taylor and Tallis. The first 30 customers will receive a free souvenir CD single recorded by Rob & Scott Taylor to celebrate the occasion.
Future dates are set for January 1 and April 25 2009.