Elusive children’s cartoon will help independent Wymondham book shop celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Children have spent hours poring over books to spot him.
But Where's Wally will be making an appearance in Wymondham later this month, to help a community-run bookshop mark its first birthday.
Kett's Books, in Whartons Court, will mark the milestone with a birthday party complete with cake, live music and the elusive cartoon.
He will join families, book lovers and shop volunteers to kick off the festivities at 11am on Saturday, January 31.
When the iconic bookshop was faced with closure in 2013, a 20-strong team joined forces to save it. Since then, the shop has become a popular addition to the town's growing line-up of independent outlets.
You may also want to watch:
Shop volunteers will read stories at 10am and 12pm, while Wymondham musician Mark Jolley will provide live music.
Tracy Kenny, shop manager, said 'We've had a fantastic first year operating the independent bookshop as a community.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?
'We've got to know customers, authors, and their families.'
For information, call 01953 603663.