Elusive children’s cartoon will help independent Wymondham book shop celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Children have spent hours poring over books to spot him.
But Where's Wally will be making an appearance in Wymondham later this month, to help a community-run bookshop mark its first birthday.
Kett's Books, in Whartons Court, will mark the milestone with a birthday party complete with cake, live music and the elusive cartoon.
He will join families, book lovers and shop volunteers to kick off the festivities at 11am on Saturday, January 31.
When the iconic bookshop was faced with closure in 2013, a 20-strong team joined forces to save it. Since then, the shop has become a popular addition to the town's growing line-up of independent outlets.
Shop volunteers will read stories at 10am and 12pm, while Wymondham musician Mark Jolley will provide live music.
Tracy Kenny, shop manager, said 'We've had a fantastic first year operating the independent bookshop as a community.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Mother's anger at delays to bathroom repairs
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Engineers on scene after parts of Wymondham suffer power cut
- 5 MP's intervention on plans for massive poultry farm
- 6 'We want an end to it' - Wymondham's plea over Abbey row
- 7 Overnight road closures on A11 as road resurfacing works continue
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Café reopens with dog-friendly menu in Wymondham
- 10 Property spotlight: Inside six-bed Grade II listed home for sale for £695k
'We've got to know customers, authors, and their families.'
For information, call 01953 603663.