Elusive children’s cartoon will help independent Wymondham book shop celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Children have spent hours poring over books to spot him.
But Where's Wally will be making an appearance in Wymondham later this month, to help a community-run bookshop mark its first birthday.
Kett's Books, in Whartons Court, will mark the milestone with a birthday party complete with cake, live music and the elusive cartoon.
He will join families, book lovers and shop volunteers to kick off the festivities at 11am on Saturday, January 31.
When the iconic bookshop was faced with closure in 2013, a 20-strong team joined forces to save it. Since then, the shop has become a popular addition to the town's growing line-up of independent outlets.
You may also want to watch:
Shop volunteers will read stories at 10am and 12pm, while Wymondham musician Mark Jolley will provide live music.
Tracy Kenny, shop manager, said 'We've had a fantastic first year operating the independent bookshop as a community.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 7 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
'We've got to know customers, authors, and their families.'
For information, call 01953 603663.