Elusive children’s cartoon will help independent Wymondham book shop celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Children have spent hours poring over books to spot him.
But Where's Wally will be making an appearance in Wymondham later this month, to help a community-run bookshop mark its first birthday.
Kett's Books, in Whartons Court, will mark the milestone with a birthday party complete with cake, live music and the elusive cartoon.
He will join families, book lovers and shop volunteers to kick off the festivities at 11am on Saturday, January 31.
When the iconic bookshop was faced with closure in 2013, a 20-strong team joined forces to save it. Since then, the shop has become a popular addition to the town's growing line-up of independent outlets.
You may also want to watch:
Shop volunteers will read stories at 10am and 12pm, while Wymondham musician Mark Jolley will provide live music.
Tracy Kenny, shop manager, said 'We've had a fantastic first year operating the independent bookshop as a community.
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 5 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation
'We've got to know customers, authors, and their families.'
For information, call 01953 603663.