Elusive children’s cartoon will help independent Wymondham book shop celebrate first birthday
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Children have spent hours poring over books to spot him.
But Where's Wally will be making an appearance in Wymondham later this month, to help a community-run bookshop mark its first birthday.
Kett's Books, in Whartons Court, will mark the milestone with a birthday party complete with cake, live music and the elusive cartoon.
He will join families, book lovers and shop volunteers to kick off the festivities at 11am on Saturday, January 31.
When the iconic bookshop was faced with closure in 2013, a 20-strong team joined forces to save it. Since then, the shop has become a popular addition to the town's growing line-up of independent outlets.
You may also want to watch:
Shop volunteers will read stories at 10am and 12pm, while Wymondham musician Mark Jolley will provide live music.
Tracy Kenny, shop manager, said 'We've had a fantastic first year operating the independent bookshop as a community.
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 9 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 10 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
'We've got to know customers, authors, and their families.'
For information, call 01953 603663.