Snow sees 350 schools forced to close
- Credit: Archant
Snow and ice has seen 350 schools across Norfolk closed to all pupils.
Families have been urged to make alternative arrangements with schools, colleges and nurseries all shut following snow falls and overnight sub-zero temperatures that have left roads dangerous.
Norfolk County Council said 349 of the county’s 422 schools were closed on Monday morning.
Most schools have reported they have closed due to the adverse weather conditions making travel conditions challenging.
Others said they had insufficient staff to safely open.
With most pupils currently learning from home due to the school closures resulting from the pandemic the impact is not as great as it would otherwise have been.
However vulnerable children and children of key workers that have been continuing to attend classes have been told to stay at home rather than travelling to those affected schools.
To see a full list of affected schools visit Norfolk County Council emergency school closures
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 4 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 5 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 6 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 7 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 8 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'