Snow sees 350 schools forced to close
- Credit: Archant
Snow and ice has seen 350 schools across Norfolk closed to all pupils.
Families have been urged to make alternative arrangements with schools, colleges and nurseries all shut following snow falls and overnight sub-zero temperatures that have left roads dangerous.
Norfolk County Council said 349 of the county’s 422 schools were closed on Monday morning.
Most schools have reported they have closed due to the adverse weather conditions making travel conditions challenging.
Others said they had insufficient staff to safely open.
With most pupils currently learning from home due to the school closures resulting from the pandemic the impact is not as great as it would otherwise have been.
However vulnerable children and children of key workers that have been continuing to attend classes have been told to stay at home rather than travelling to those affected schools.
To see a full list of affected schools visit Norfolk County Council emergency school closures
- 1 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Building of new homes on former school playing field is complete
- 4 Warning over scam 'Aviva' automated cold calls
- 5 Man, 22, due in court after fire which killed 50 pigs
- 6 Couple open microbakery after huge success of lockdown deliveries
- 7 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 8 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 9 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 10 More than 350 south Norfolk homes hit by power cut