School closes to all pupils due to single case of Covid
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A primary school has been forced to send home all pupils for two days following a positive case of coronavirus.
Rosecroft Primary School will stay closed on Thursday and Friday to allow for a deep clean. Despite being sent home, no pupils are self-isolating.
In a statement online the school, on London Road in Attleborough, said: “Following advice, we have taken the difficult decision to close the school and nursery for two days to enable a deep clean.
“This is due to a positive case within our community.”
The announcement that all 546 pupils had to return to remote learning from home following advice from public health officials has led to speculation on social media over why the closure had not involved just a single class bubble.
You may also want to watch:
In a message to parents, the school added: “Any decision to close the school is never taken lightly and we would like to thank all of those parents who have understood and trusted our integrity.
“We understand there is a lot of speculation around the need to close the school, much of which we know to be untrue.”
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show