Parents warned time running out to apply for primary school places
- Credit: PA
Parents in Norfolk have been reminded time is running out to register children for primary school from this September.
Norfolk County Council says the closing date for registering children born between September 1 2016 and 31 August 2017 is January 15.
Applications can be made online but paper applications are also accepted and can be downloaded from the Norfolk County Council website.
Parents need to make an application for a reception class place, even if their child attends a nursery class at the same school.
A child’s attendance at a nursery attached to a school does not normally give them priority for a place at that school.
You may also want to watch:
The round for admission to Year 3 at junior schools in September 2021 also closes on January 15. Applications can be made online and a decision will be made by 16 April.
- 1 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 2 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 3 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Bird flu containment 'successfully completed' at infected turkey farms
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 Broadband firm pledges 'Herculean effort' in hyperfast roll-out