‘Holy Grail’ classic motor lot sold at auction for nearly £300,000
- Credit: Archant
A 'once-in-a-lifetime' lot of classic cars and bikes was sold for nearly £300,000 at auction.
East Anglian Motor Auctions gained the collection in August, including a rare and expensive Vincent Black Shadow motorcycle.
Auctioneer and classic sales manager Tristram Belemore-Smith had expected between £225-£250,000, but was pleasantly surprised when the collection made just under £290,000 at the Classic and Retro Auction in Wymondham on October 6.
Comprising of 22 motorbikes and six cars, other collection highlights included a 1985 Porsche 911.
Mr Belemore-Smith said: 'There was a lot of bidding, some in America, Spain, and Italy. There were about 1,000 people there. We doubled the amount of buyers and people I'd have thought. We sold about 80pc of the whole lot.
You may also want to watch:
'The Vincent Black Shadow was bought by a buyer from Hertfordshire. It was a really good sale, you never know what's around the corner!'
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 7 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 8 Greater Anglia pledges to begin Wymondham station improvements this year
- 9 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 10 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home