‘Holy Grail’ classic motor lot sold at auction for nearly £300,000
- Credit: Archant
A 'once-in-a-lifetime' lot of classic cars and bikes was sold for nearly £300,000 at auction.
East Anglian Motor Auctions gained the collection in August, including a rare and expensive Vincent Black Shadow motorcycle.
Auctioneer and classic sales manager Tristram Belemore-Smith had expected between £225-£250,000, but was pleasantly surprised when the collection made just under £290,000 at the Classic and Retro Auction in Wymondham on October 6.
Comprising of 22 motorbikes and six cars, other collection highlights included a 1985 Porsche 911.
Mr Belemore-Smith said: 'There was a lot of bidding, some in America, Spain, and Italy. There were about 1,000 people there. We doubled the amount of buyers and people I'd have thought. We sold about 80pc of the whole lot.
You may also want to watch:
'The Vincent Black Shadow was bought by a buyer from Hertfordshire. It was a really good sale, you never know what's around the corner!'
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 4 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published