‘Holy Grail’ classic motor lot sold at auction for nearly £300,000
- Credit: Archant
A 'once-in-a-lifetime' lot of classic cars and bikes was sold for nearly £300,000 at auction.
East Anglian Motor Auctions gained the collection in August, including a rare and expensive Vincent Black Shadow motorcycle.
Auctioneer and classic sales manager Tristram Belemore-Smith had expected between £225-£250,000, but was pleasantly surprised when the collection made just under £290,000 at the Classic and Retro Auction in Wymondham on October 6.
Comprising of 22 motorbikes and six cars, other collection highlights included a 1985 Porsche 911.
Mr Belemore-Smith said: 'There was a lot of bidding, some in America, Spain, and Italy. There were about 1,000 people there. We doubled the amount of buyers and people I'd have thought. We sold about 80pc of the whole lot.
You may also want to watch:
'The Vincent Black Shadow was bought by a buyer from Hertfordshire. It was a really good sale, you never know what's around the corner!'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire