Motorist twice the drink drive limit crashes car into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A motorist twice the drink drive limit escaped without serious injuries after crashing into a ditch.
Officers were called to Long Street, Great Ellingham, after a Volkswagen left the road at about 11.30pm on Friday, May 31.
Fire crews from Attleborough and Hingham were called to the scene providing casualty care and making the scene safe.
The ambulance service was also called to the scene.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: "Being a Norfolk Special can be challenging, rewarding and varied. Last night [officer] 7937 was first on scene at a single car RTC.
You may also want to watch:
"Driver twice drink-drive limit and required assistance from all three emergency services.
"No serious injuries - this time."
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show