Motorist twice the drink drive limit crashes car into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A motorist twice the drink drive limit escaped without serious injuries after crashing into a ditch.
Officers were called to Long Street, Great Ellingham, after a Volkswagen left the road at about 11.30pm on Friday, May 31.
Fire crews from Attleborough and Hingham were called to the scene providing casualty care and making the scene safe.
The ambulance service was also called to the scene.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: "Being a Norfolk Special can be challenging, rewarding and varied. Last night [officer] 7937 was first on scene at a single car RTC.
You may also want to watch:
"Driver twice drink-drive limit and required assistance from all three emergency services.
"No serious injuries - this time."
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk