Motorist twice the drink drive limit crashes car into ditch
- Credit: Archant
A motorist twice the drink drive limit escaped without serious injuries after crashing into a ditch.
Officers were called to Long Street, Great Ellingham, after a Volkswagen left the road at about 11.30pm on Friday, May 31.
Fire crews from Attleborough and Hingham were called to the scene providing casualty care and making the scene safe.
The ambulance service was also called to the scene.
Breckland Police said on Twitter: "Being a Norfolk Special can be challenging, rewarding and varied. Last night [officer] 7937 was first on scene at a single car RTC.
You may also want to watch:
"Driver twice drink-drive limit and required assistance from all three emergency services.
"No serious injuries - this time."
- 1 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 5 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 6 Norwich teacher questions home secretary over Covid policy in schools
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season