Drink driver stopped after police spotted fog lights
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Officers caught a drink driver after they left their fog lights on.
Sgt Chris Harris was on patrol on the evening of Sunday, December 15, when he spotted a car with its front fog lights on in Queens Road, Attleborough.
The officer found that the man, 35, was over the limit, had no insurance or a driving license.
On Twitter Breckland Police said: "Sgt Harris from Thetford was out on mobile patrols last night.
"A stop of a driver in Attleborough for having front fog lights on resulted in an arrest for drink driving, no insurance and driving without a valid licence."
You may also want to watch:
The driver is set to appear before Norwich magistrates on Tuesday, December 17.
Drink driving is one of the Fatal Four, one of the four factors that last year led to the majority of crashes resulting in injury.
- 1 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 2 Anorexic woman calls for BMI to be scrapped in assessing need for help
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 5 Deaf sheepdog returns to work - after learning sign language
- 6 Man to be sentenced over Wymondham arson
- 7 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
- 8 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 9 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 10 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
This includes speeding, using a mobile phone, drink driving and no wearing a seatbelt.