Dream freefall by Holly, 16
WYMONDHAM schoolgirl Holly Hunter dreamed of freefalling from 10,000ft and raising money for her favourite charity.But the keen 15-year-old was told that she was not yet old enough to take a skydive.
WYMONDHAM schoolgirl Holly Hunter dreamed of freefalling from 10,000ft and raising money for her favourite charity.
But the keen 15-year-old was told that she was not yet old enough to take a skydive.
Now, just months after her 16th birthday, she has fulfilled her dreams after her mum arranged a charity skydive as a surprise.
'People did keep saying, 'are you mad, aren't you scared?' but it was lovely to see her fulfil something she wanted to do,' said mother Denise Hunter.
You may also want to watch:
Holly, who is currently studying for her A-levels at Wymondham High School, did the jump in aid of Wings of Hope.
The charity provides education for children in developing countries, and Holly raised �132.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 6 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 9 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
She took off from Old Buckenham Airfield, climbed to 10,000ft and leaped from the plane, attached to an instructor.
'I was really worried going up in the place, but that was the only time I was nervous,' she said.
'The only thing I could think of while I was falling was how strong the wind was on my face.'
Holly hopes to continue fundraising for the group, and along with five other pupils at her school is hoping to raise �10,000 by February by holding a fashion show and by carol singing.