Dozens of drivers caught for offences in one night
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Drivers on roads across South Norfolk were caught for offences ranging from speeding to no insurance on a single night of police action.
Roadside action was taken against motorists in Wymondham, Diss, Attleborough, and in villages including Kenninghall on Friday, October 25.
Eagle eyed officers on patrol around the Spooner Row area spotted a suspicious Renault Clio. When the car was stopped checks revealed the driver had a revoked licence, which also means their insurance policy is invalid. The car was seized.
In Attleborough officers responded to concerns from the public about speeding by carrying out checks in three areas including Kenninghall.
In total 19 drivers were spoken to over excessive speed. A LGV driver was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, while another driver was ticketed no having road tax.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile in Diss speed checks on Shelfanger Road saw two drivers reported for speeds in excess of 40mph.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk