Dozens of drivers caught for offences in one night
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Drivers on roads across South Norfolk were caught for offences ranging from speeding to no insurance on a single night of police action.
Roadside action was taken against motorists in Wymondham, Diss, Attleborough, and in villages including Kenninghall on Friday, October 25.
Eagle eyed officers on patrol around the Spooner Row area spotted a suspicious Renault Clio. When the car was stopped checks revealed the driver had a revoked licence, which also means their insurance policy is invalid. The car was seized.
In Attleborough officers responded to concerns from the public about speeding by carrying out checks in three areas including Kenninghall.
In total 19 drivers were spoken to over excessive speed. A LGV driver was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, while another driver was ticketed no having road tax.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile in Diss speed checks on Shelfanger Road saw two drivers reported for speeds in excess of 40mph.
- 1 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 2 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 3 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 4 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 5 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out
- 6 Why have Norfolk and Suffolk been placed in Tier 2?
- 7 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 8 Lotus Cars ‘larger than life’ designer dies aged 76
- 9 Daily coronavirus cases in Norfolk soar again
- 10 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours