Dozens of drivers caught for offences in one night
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Drivers on roads across South Norfolk were caught for offences ranging from speeding to no insurance on a single night of police action.
Roadside action was taken against motorists in Wymondham, Diss, Attleborough, and in villages including Kenninghall on Friday, October 25.
Eagle eyed officers on patrol around the Spooner Row area spotted a suspicious Renault Clio. When the car was stopped checks revealed the driver had a revoked licence, which also means their insurance policy is invalid. The car was seized.
In Attleborough officers responded to concerns from the public about speeding by carrying out checks in three areas including Kenninghall.
In total 19 drivers were spoken to over excessive speed. A LGV driver was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, while another driver was ticketed no having road tax.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile in Diss speed checks on Shelfanger Road saw two drivers reported for speeds in excess of 40mph.
- 1 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 2 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 3 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 4 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Canaries and Wonder Woman used to raise endometriosis awareness
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12