Dozens of drivers caught for offences in one night
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Drivers on roads across South Norfolk were caught for offences ranging from speeding to no insurance on a single night of police action.
Roadside action was taken against motorists in Wymondham, Diss, Attleborough, and in villages including Kenninghall on Friday, October 25.
Eagle eyed officers on patrol around the Spooner Row area spotted a suspicious Renault Clio. When the car was stopped checks revealed the driver had a revoked licence, which also means their insurance policy is invalid. The car was seized.
In Attleborough officers responded to concerns from the public about speeding by carrying out checks in three areas including Kenninghall.
In total 19 drivers were spoken to over excessive speed. A LGV driver was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, while another driver was ticketed no having road tax.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile in Diss speed checks on Shelfanger Road saw two drivers reported for speeds in excess of 40mph.
- 1 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 4 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 5 People with Covid could get £500 to stay at home
- 6 Norwich teacher questions home secretary over Covid policy in schools
- 7 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 8 Council agrees u-turn on churchyard grass cutting
- 9 New Covid variant has 'higher degree of mortality', warns PM
- 10 Date for museum's reopening 'pencilled in' after missing whole 2020 season