Dozens of drivers caught for offences in one night
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Drivers on roads across South Norfolk were caught for offences ranging from speeding to no insurance on a single night of police action.
Roadside action was taken against motorists in Wymondham, Diss, Attleborough, and in villages including Kenninghall on Friday, October 25.
Eagle eyed officers on patrol around the Spooner Row area spotted a suspicious Renault Clio. When the car was stopped checks revealed the driver had a revoked licence, which also means their insurance policy is invalid. The car was seized.
In Attleborough officers responded to concerns from the public about speeding by carrying out checks in three areas including Kenninghall.
In total 19 drivers were spoken to over excessive speed. A LGV driver was ticketed for not wearing a seatbelt, while another driver was ticketed no having road tax.
Meanwhile in Diss speed checks on Shelfanger Road saw two drivers reported for speeds in excess of 40mph.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 New Co-op branch opening its doors in Wymondham
- 3 The fight is on to save a Norfolk village's Post Office
- 4 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 7 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into ditch
- 8 Soprano wins Norfolk Young Musician 2022 competition
- 9 Trust visited four times by Ofsted during pandemic celebrates verdict
- 10 Inquest into Banham Poultry deaths adjourned again amid manslaughter probe