Dog show and fete helps to raise money for Hethersett youth club
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A popular family event has helped to raise money to help with running costs of a youth club.
There were a variety of different stalls selling toys, cakes and crafts at Jubilee Youth Club's fete and dog show in Hethersett.
A large number of people entered their pooches into the dog show, with categories including waggiest tail, and handsome hound.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
The event was raising money for the youth club and will be used to keep it running for another year as well as towards any equipment which is needed.
Organiser Gillian Saunders said: 'We made approximately £700 which is about the same as last year and we are pleased with it as we felt it was quieter than previous years.
'We felt it was quieter than last year probably due to the heat, but everyone seem to have had a good time and there were a lot of different stalls this year.
'Thank you to everyone who came on the day or donated prizes and cakes.'