‘Everything must go’ - Debenhams store launches closing down sale
- Credit: Archant
A closing down sale is being advertised at a town centre department store.
Debenhams in Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, was named in April among 22 stores earmarked for closure.
The fashion element outlet, part of the department store chain, is offering reductions of up to 30pc.
The closure comes 11 years after Debenhams made a triumphant return to the town.
Its re-opening in the shopping centre - 23 years after it pulled out of King Street - was heralded as "a new dawn" for Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
On the day the ribbon was cut by the town mayor some 50 people queued outside, eager to rummage the rails as well as explore the new £16m revamp to the mall.
At the time the new shop was said to have created 90 new jobs.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
Debenhams announced in April it was shutting 22 of its worst-performing stores and overall planned to close 50 as part of a restructure to secure the chain's future.
At the time it was said the first wave of closures would be in "early 2020."
Although no official date has been announced it is understood the shop will close its doors on January 24.
Centre manager Nick Spencer said he was actively looking for alternative uses for the unit.