Cyclist injured in crash during time trial on A11
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A cyclist has been injured in a crash on the A11.
The cyclist was believed to be taking part in a 100-mile Breckland cycling time trial when the incident happened on the morning of Sunday, July 11.
This caused a lane closure on the A11, London Road northbound, from the Snetterton Circuit to the Shropham turn off.
On the AA’s live road traffic map it said the road traffic collision was first reported at around 8.50am.
Organiser Mark Fairhead said the cyclist had been injured but the extent of their injuries is unknown.
Mr Fairhead said that it was an officially-organised event which had been risk assessed, with the appropriate signage in place and the police were aware.
The identity of the cyclist has not yet been revealed.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 4 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 7 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 8 Long tailbacks on A11 after crash
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
The incident had caused long delays on the A11 but the roads are now clear.