Trio of teenagers charged with bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers arrested in connection with a series of bike thefts have been charged.
It comes after police searched a house in Thetford last month, when they recovered four stolen bikes.
A teenage boy was arrested at the time and subsequently released on bail while further enquiries were made.
Two further arrests were made as the investigation continued and three teenagers, aged 14, 15 and 16, have now been charged with theft offences.
The 14-year-old boy is accused on four counts of theft between September 17 and October 6, all of which relate to incidents in Thetford.
The 15-year-old is accused of stealing bikes in Thetford and Attleborough, on September 17 and 22 respectively.
And the oldest boy is accused of three counts of theft in Thetford on October 6.
- 1 Town's hair salon set to reopen under new name and owner on April 12
- 2 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 3 Man jailed after being found with over £6,500 worth of drugs
- 4 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 5 How taking an alpaca for a walk became a staycation trend
- 6 Being back at school is gift - Norfolk teen reveals lockdown woes
- 7 Police close section of A11 due to crash
- 8 Canaries and Wonder Woman used to raise endometriosis awareness
- 9 Prince Charles says royal family are 'deeply grateful' for public support following Prince Philip death
- 10 Gym owner set to open fourth site in Norfolk on April 12
The trio, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been released on bail and will appear at Norwich Youth Court on Thursday, January 28, 2021.