Trio of teenagers charged with bike thefts
- Credit: Archant
Three teenagers arrested in connection with a series of bike thefts have been charged.
It comes after police searched a house in Thetford last month, when they recovered four stolen bikes.
A teenage boy was arrested at the time and subsequently released on bail while further enquiries were made.
Two further arrests were made as the investigation continued and three teenagers, aged 14, 15 and 16, have now been charged with theft offences.
The 14-year-old boy is accused on four counts of theft between September 17 and October 6, all of which relate to incidents in Thetford.
The 15-year-old is accused of stealing bikes in Thetford and Attleborough, on September 17 and 22 respectively.
And the oldest boy is accused of three counts of theft in Thetford on October 6.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 6 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 7 30,000 people in Norfolk have received first Covid vaccine dose so far
- 8 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 9 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
The trio, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have been released on bail and will appear at Norwich Youth Court on Thursday, January 28, 2021.