Connaught Hall 'has not been sold'
Charity trustees this week sought to allay rumours that the Connaught Hall in Attleborough has been sold. The building in Station Road is a popular venue for a wide variety of functions, ranging from dances and fashion shows to table top sales.
Charity trustees this week sought to allay rumours that the Connaught Hall in Attleborough has been sold.
The building in Station Road is a popular venue for a wide variety of functions, ranging from dances and fashion shows to table top sales.
And chairman of trustees, Peter Thatcher, said worried brides who have booked the hall for their wedding day celebrations later this year are among those who have phoned up asking if they should make alternative arrangements.
“I have been told we have sold the hall for £2.1 million and that the NHS and everyone under the sun has bought it. We want to squash all these rumours that are flying around, because it is not good for us,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thatcher explained that the premises “belong to the people of Attleborough” and are managed by the trustees. And although there had been some financial problems last year, these have now been resolved.
“We have turned the hall around in the last six months. It has not been sold, and it's not up for sale,” he stressed, adding that the trustees had even had an approach from a property developer keen to acquire the site.
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 3 Man appears in court over Class A drug charge
- 4 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 5 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 10 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
He added: “At the moment the Attleborough is looking for more sports facilities. Basically I feel that we have the space to accommodate something like tennis courts for the town.”