Connaught Hall 'has not been sold'
Charity trustees this week sought to allay rumours that the Connaught Hall in Attleborough has been sold. The building in Station Road is a popular venue for a wide variety of functions, ranging from dances and fashion shows to table top sales.
Charity trustees this week sought to allay rumours that the Connaught Hall in Attleborough has been sold.
The building in Station Road is a popular venue for a wide variety of functions, ranging from dances and fashion shows to table top sales.
And chairman of trustees, Peter Thatcher, said worried brides who have booked the hall for their wedding day celebrations later this year are among those who have phoned up asking if they should make alternative arrangements.
“I have been told we have sold the hall for £2.1 million and that the NHS and everyone under the sun has bought it. We want to squash all these rumours that are flying around, because it is not good for us,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Thatcher explained that the premises “belong to the people of Attleborough” and are managed by the trustees. And although there had been some financial problems last year, these have now been resolved.
“We have turned the hall around in the last six months. It has not been sold, and it's not up for sale,” he stressed, adding that the trustees had even had an approach from a property developer keen to acquire the site.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 7 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 8 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'
He added: “At the moment the Attleborough is looking for more sports facilities. Basically I feel that we have the space to accommodate something like tennis courts for the town.”