Concert for Wymondham cancer charity
A concert is being arranged in Wymondham this month in support of local cancer support charity Star Throwers.
The Norwich City Concert Band will present a programme of seasonal music, and local singing group Friends in Harmony will encourage the audience to join in several choral numbers at the Central Hall from 7.30pm on Friday, December 9.
The concert is dedicated to Roger Kingwell, who died of cancer a year ago. He and his wife Moya were helped by Star Throwers, and Mrs Kingwell is still getting support from the charity. The concert is supported by Wymondham Lions Club, of which Roger was an active member.
The concert has been arranged and produced by a neighbour of the Kingwells, Samantha Jessop, who has been actively involved in musical activities in the area for several years and is a member of Wymondham Music Festival Committee. She said: 'I'm dedicating the concert to my friend Roger who is much missed by family, friends and neighbours. We are looking forward to a great evening of seasonal music, with the chance to sing along with some old favourites.'
The concert will be led by Norwich City Concert Band directed by Brian Dermott, and will include vocal group Friends In Harmony (Margaret Colby, Sue Eagle, Eloise Hare, Samantha Jessop and Julie Slaughter).
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the concert are �7, with free entry for children under 12. Tickets are available from Reeves shop in Wymondham.
Star Throwers is a not-for-profit, registered charity run entirely by passionate volunteers, dedicated to supporting and advising people in East Anglia who are affected by cancer, or are at particular risk of developing cancer, and giving support to their loved ones. It opened at the end of 2009 and is still developing its support services and facilities for those touched by cancer in East Anglia. It can be contacted on 01953 423304 or through www.starthrowers.org.uk
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Conservative gain in the south
- 2 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 3 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 4 Local election results 2021: All the winners in Wymondham
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 7 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 8 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 10 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote