New Co-Op plan revealed for Wymondham
- Credit: Google
A Norfolk town could soon be getting a new supermarket.
Co-Op, which has a branch on the Market Place at Wymondham, has revealed plans for a new store on the Silfield Road
It hopes the purpose built new store will be open this autumn to serve new residential developments in and around the south of the town. Co-op is poised to invest around £650,000 to create the new shop, which is expected to create around 15 new local jobs.
The present occupier of the site, Mr Overalls Ltd – a family owned business that specialises in workwear, safety footwear and equipment - will continue to trade in Wymondham from a new site on Chestnut Drive, on the Wymondham Business Park.
Co-Op acquisition manager Emma Perrin said: “We are delighted that an opportunity has arisen to serve the community and enhance amenities for the newer residential developments in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We are working to develop the range, choice, products and services locally that will create a really compelling offer to serve the community."
- 1 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 2 Town verge set to be transformed into car dealership
- 3 All the major 2021 Norfolk events scheduled to go ahead
- 4 Emergency services called after car overturns in road crash
- 5 Town's new deputy mayor elected after tight vote
- 6 From Las Vegas to Hethersett – gin distillery set to expand
- 7 Hopes Covid-19 home working could help plug firefighter gaps
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 ‘How could this happen?’ Daughter finds mum with fractures in support home
- 10 Drivers warned as big boats and gas vessel escorted through Norfolk