Clever Wymondham students celebrate Oxbridge offers
- Credit: Archant
Five students from Wymondham High are celebrating after receiving Oxbridge offers, the same number as last year.
Barny Pearce, leader of sixth form pastoral care and destinations, said: 'We're incredibly proud of these students, who have not only performed superbly in examinations but have also risen to the formidable challenge of the Oxbridge applications process.
'We're delighted with the way all our Sixth Formers live out our ethos of excellence through enjoyment, aspiration, and hard work, and these five students embody that tradition in particularly special way.'
So far 168 students at the academy have applied to universities across the country and 500 offers - including 13 unconditional - have been received.
The year 13 students all took part in a Oxbridge programmme run by Mr Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
James Walden received an offer to study natural sciences at Cambridge, Keziah Watson received one to study history at Oxford, Tom Bevan for economics at Cambridge, Ruby Douglass for history at Cambridge and Maisie Payne for psychological and behavioural sciences at Cambridge.
Do you have a Wymondham story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Former factory site to become a new church
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woodforde's takes over Old Buckenham pub closed for two years
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 8 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 9 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 10 Chainsaw and 10 horse saddles stolen in burglary