Clever Wymondham students celebrate Oxbridge offers
- Credit: Archant
Five students from Wymondham High are celebrating after receiving Oxbridge offers, the same number as last year.
Barny Pearce, leader of sixth form pastoral care and destinations, said: 'We're incredibly proud of these students, who have not only performed superbly in examinations but have also risen to the formidable challenge of the Oxbridge applications process.
'We're delighted with the way all our Sixth Formers live out our ethos of excellence through enjoyment, aspiration, and hard work, and these five students embody that tradition in particularly special way.'
So far 168 students at the academy have applied to universities across the country and 500 offers - including 13 unconditional - have been received.
The year 13 students all took part in a Oxbridge programmme run by Mr Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
James Walden received an offer to study natural sciences at Cambridge, Keziah Watson received one to study history at Oxford, Tom Bevan for economics at Cambridge, Ruby Douglass for history at Cambridge and Maisie Payne for psychological and behavioural sciences at Cambridge.
Do you have a Wymondham story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 2 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 3 £4.8m funding to tackle scourge of drugs in Norwich
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 'We won't throw away masks or anti-bac': Couple book post-vaccine holiday
- 8 Concerns raised over proposed energy park's impact on wildlife
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued