Clever Wymondham students celebrate Oxbridge offers
- Credit: Archant
Five students from Wymondham High are celebrating after receiving Oxbridge offers, the same number as last year.
Barny Pearce, leader of sixth form pastoral care and destinations, said: 'We're incredibly proud of these students, who have not only performed superbly in examinations but have also risen to the formidable challenge of the Oxbridge applications process.
'We're delighted with the way all our Sixth Formers live out our ethos of excellence through enjoyment, aspiration, and hard work, and these five students embody that tradition in particularly special way.'
So far 168 students at the academy have applied to universities across the country and 500 offers - including 13 unconditional - have been received.
The year 13 students all took part in a Oxbridge programmme run by Mr Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
James Walden received an offer to study natural sciences at Cambridge, Keziah Watson received one to study history at Oxford, Tom Bevan for economics at Cambridge, Ruby Douglass for history at Cambridge and Maisie Payne for psychological and behavioural sciences at Cambridge.
Do you have a Wymondham story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 ‘Lack of discipline’: Leader hits out after town’s huge Covid surge
- 2 Daily coronavirus cases in Norfolk soar again
- 3 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 4 'Oh, crumbs' - Maximus, 2, inspires mum's lockdown biscuit business
- 5 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 10 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush