Clever Wymondham students celebrate Oxbridge offers
- Credit: Archant
Five students from Wymondham High are celebrating after receiving Oxbridge offers, the same number as last year.
Barny Pearce, leader of sixth form pastoral care and destinations, said: 'We're incredibly proud of these students, who have not only performed superbly in examinations but have also risen to the formidable challenge of the Oxbridge applications process.
'We're delighted with the way all our Sixth Formers live out our ethos of excellence through enjoyment, aspiration, and hard work, and these five students embody that tradition in particularly special way.'
So far 168 students at the academy have applied to universities across the country and 500 offers - including 13 unconditional - have been received.
The year 13 students all took part in a Oxbridge programmme run by Mr Pearce.
You may also want to watch:
James Walden received an offer to study natural sciences at Cambridge, Keziah Watson received one to study history at Oxford, Tom Bevan for economics at Cambridge, Ruby Douglass for history at Cambridge and Maisie Payne for psychological and behavioural sciences at Cambridge.
Do you have a Wymondham story? Email email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 4 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 5 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 6 Nine in 10 want more Post Office services – but no new branch on the cards
- 7 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 10 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown