Children’s author and illustrator Simon James visits Morley St Botolph Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children's author and illustrator Simon James came to speak to primary school children about writing books and following their dreams.
The young people at Morley Church of England Primary School, based in Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, spent time in workshops with Mr James and learning about the books he has written.
They also heard about his journey to becoming a successful published author and watched him draw his own illustrations. He read some of his stories to pupils, who later had the chance to ask him some questions.
'My favourite schools are the ones that have a sense of community among the children, staff and parents - and Morley is one of these schools,' said Mr James.
Reception teacher Kate Easter, who organised the visit, said: 'We have been so fortunate to have Simon with us for the day, as he lives in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
'He has inspired the children and teachers. Simon's enthusiasm and love of writing and drawing is infectious!'
Mr James' books include Baby Brains and Nurse Clementine. His latest book Rex, is due to be released soon.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Donations mean 13 vulnerable children will get laptops at home
- 3 Your photos as blanket of snow covers Wymondham and Attleborough
- 4 Fury as 'woolly' Covid rules leave police 'stuck in middle'
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 7 Inquests into deaths at Banham Poultry adjourned for seventh time
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Stunning images reveal 'tree roots' of Norfolk
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together