Children’s author and illustrator Simon James visits Morley St Botolph Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children's author and illustrator Simon James came to speak to primary school children about writing books and following their dreams.
The young people at Morley Church of England Primary School, based in Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, spent time in workshops with Mr James and learning about the books he has written.
They also heard about his journey to becoming a successful published author and watched him draw his own illustrations. He read some of his stories to pupils, who later had the chance to ask him some questions.
'My favourite schools are the ones that have a sense of community among the children, staff and parents - and Morley is one of these schools,' said Mr James.
Reception teacher Kate Easter, who organised the visit, said: 'We have been so fortunate to have Simon with us for the day, as he lives in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
'He has inspired the children and teachers. Simon's enthusiasm and love of writing and drawing is infectious!'
Mr James' books include Baby Brains and Nurse Clementine. His latest book Rex, is due to be released soon.
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Millions could be spent on better cycle routes around Norwich
- 3 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 4 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 5 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 6 "Buzz" at Norfolk gyms as classes return indoors
- 7 How can we manage the cost of my mother's care?
- 8 'Let air in' - New campaign launched as lockdown measures eased
- 9 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 10 Concerns over divide in vaccine rates - what's the situation where you live?