Children’s author and illustrator Simon James visits Morley St Botolph Primary School
- Credit: Archant
Children's author and illustrator Simon James came to speak to primary school children about writing books and following their dreams.
The young people at Morley Church of England Primary School, based in Morley St Botolph, Wymondham, spent time in workshops with Mr James and learning about the books he has written.
They also heard about his journey to becoming a successful published author and watched him draw his own illustrations. He read some of his stories to pupils, who later had the chance to ask him some questions.
'My favourite schools are the ones that have a sense of community among the children, staff and parents - and Morley is one of these schools,' said Mr James.
Reception teacher Kate Easter, who organised the visit, said: 'We have been so fortunate to have Simon with us for the day, as he lives in Devon.
You may also want to watch:
'He has inspired the children and teachers. Simon's enthusiasm and love of writing and drawing is infectious!'
Mr James' books include Baby Brains and Nurse Clementine. His latest book Rex, is due to be released soon.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham