School marks new era and building with time capsule
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A time capsule has been lowered into the ground to mark the end of a ten-year campaign for a new special school.
The former Chapel Road (now Chapel Green) School in Attleborough has moved to a new building 3.5 miles away to the village of Old Buckenham.
The capsule contained a letter from the head and several mementos, including photographs, a data stick, school teddy, and messages from the pupils, who are aged three to 19 and have complex needs.
Pupils from Old Buckenham High and Primary Schools and Chapel Green School prepared the capsule's contents, which was placed in an air and water tight container outside the school entrance.
The capsule is to be re-opened on March 27, 2068.
You may also want to watch:
The event was shared with members of all schools, the local community, Morgan Sindall and county representatives.
- 1 'A whirlwind' - how 19-year-old became baking sensation in lockdown
- 2 The postcard collector who preserved Norfolk history
- 3 Person injured and road closed after crash
- 4 Town's mayor re-elected despite complaint over date of vote
- 5 Who can I vote for on Election Day 2021 in Wymondham?
- 6 How you can create a hedgehog haven
- 7 In full: Council's apology to 'vindicated' members after bullying claims
- 8 Meet nine-year-old Airlie – the little baker with a big dream
- 9 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide