School marks new era and building with time capsule
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A time capsule has been lowered into the ground to mark the end of a ten-year campaign for a new special school.
The former Chapel Road (now Chapel Green) School in Attleborough has moved to a new building 3.5 miles away to the village of Old Buckenham.
The capsule contained a letter from the head and several mementos, including photographs, a data stick, school teddy, and messages from the pupils, who are aged three to 19 and have complex needs.
Pupils from Old Buckenham High and Primary Schools and Chapel Green School prepared the capsule's contents, which was placed in an air and water tight container outside the school entrance.
The capsule is to be re-opened on March 27, 2068.
You may also want to watch:
The event was shared with members of all schools, the local community, Morgan Sindall and county representatives.
- 1 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 2 Lotus creates 250 new jobs - but will ditch some models
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 New Toolstation branch coming to Wymondham?
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Little fighter' Rian battling complex mix of heart conditions