School marks new era and building with time capsule
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
A time capsule has been lowered into the ground to mark the end of a ten-year campaign for a new special school.
The former Chapel Road (now Chapel Green) School in Attleborough has moved to a new building 3.5 miles away to the village of Old Buckenham.
The capsule contained a letter from the head and several mementos, including photographs, a data stick, school teddy, and messages from the pupils, who are aged three to 19 and have complex needs.
Pupils from Old Buckenham High and Primary Schools and Chapel Green School prepared the capsule's contents, which was placed in an air and water tight container outside the school entrance.
The capsule is to be re-opened on March 27, 2068.
You may also want to watch:
The event was shared with members of all schools, the local community, Morgan Sindall and county representatives.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 See inside this restored period farmhouse for sale for £850,000
- 3 Mum's 100 mile challenge fulfils promise to late daughter
- 4 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 5 Van artist creates 'most emotional picture' over teen suicide
- 6 Parents share their stories as fertility clinic celebrates 1,000 births
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Warning to check smoke alarms after family escaped fire
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters