Garden centre scoops gold medal at prestigious flower show
- Credit: Peter Beales Roses
A garden centre specialising in roses has been recognised at one of the country's best-known flower shows.
Peter Beales Roses, based off London Road in Attleborough, was awarded a gold medal at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival.
And the firm's success did not end there, as it also won the highly-coveted award for 'best rose exhibit'.
Upon receiving the good news, nursery manager Ian Limmer said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive these prestigious awards, especially during such a challenging year.
"I’d like to thank all the staff for their hard work in helping to achieve this."
While the 2020 edition of the festival had to be cancelled amid the coronavirus pandemic, visitors were last week welcomed back to Hampton Court for the horticultural favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Beales opened his first rose nursery in 1968 and the business has since won 26 gold medals at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
- 1 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 5 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 6 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 7 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Norfolk sports retailer opens new fitness showroom
- 10 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham