Garden centre scoops gold medal at prestigious flower show
- Credit: Peter Beales Roses
A garden centre specialising in roses has been recognised at one of the country's best-known flower shows.
Peter Beales Roses, based off London Road in Attleborough, was awarded a gold medal at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival.
And the firm's success did not end there, as it also won the highly-coveted award for 'best rose exhibit'.
Upon receiving the good news, nursery manager Ian Limmer said: "We are absolutely delighted to receive these prestigious awards, especially during such a challenging year.
"I’d like to thank all the staff for their hard work in helping to achieve this."
While the 2020 edition of the festival had to be cancelled amid the coronavirus pandemic, visitors were last week welcomed back to Hampton Court for the horticultural favourite.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Beales opened his first rose nursery in 1968 and the business has since won 26 gold medals at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
- 1 Just 65 people vote in referendum on town council's future
- 2 Certificates for Wymondham in Bloom floral displays announced
- 3 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 4 Teenager has all clear from testicular cancer after pioneering surgery
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Wymondham raises flag ahead of Norwich Pride 2021
- 8 Headteacher 'delighted' as new space created for primary school
- 9 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show