Norfolk favourite shortlisted for Independent Bookshop of the Year award
- Credit: Archant
One of Norfolk's favourite book stores is in the running to win a prestigious national award.
Kett's Books, in Wymondham, has been shortlisted for the 2021 Independent Bookshop of the Year Award.
Its inclusion was announced by the British Book Awards on Thursday (February 18) morning.
Since February 2014, Kett's has been run on a not-for-profit basis after a group of volunteers met to discuss the imminent closure of the existing shop.
The Whartons Lane store is named after Wymondham's most famous son, Robert Kett, as a tribute to the values he upheld for town's people.
You may also want to watch:
Kett's Books has made the East of England shortlist alongside:
- Harris & Harris Books - Clare, Suffolk
- Niche Comics & Bookshop - Huntingdon
- Red Lion Books - Colchester
- 1 Ex-pupils and staff reunite at former village school
- 2 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Arts centre announces reopening after Covid-forced hibernation
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Pony hire business to offer circus shows in your garden
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Cyclists set for 112-mile night ride in aid of 'always happy' Olivia, 7
- 9 Primary pupils thrilled by book donation
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
A total of 48 bookshops from nine different regions and countries in the UK are vying for the top prize, to be announced during an online ceremony on May 13.
Regional winners will be announced first, on March 17.