Teen to represent Norwich at pageant celebrating ‘inner beauty’
- Credit: Kasey Campbell
A Norfolk teen is set to represent Norwich at Britain's Junior Miss pageant after being chosen for her 'inner beauty'.
Kasey Campbell, from Attleborough, is a 17-year-old girl who spends her time volunteering and doing what she can to help others.
And now she has been chosen to represent the city at a pageant which is not judged on how you look.
Britain's Junior Miss is a national competition, for teens aged 13 to 17, focusing on kindness and with more than 80 regional Junior Miss places it's a chance for community spirited teens to become ambassadors for their local area.
After going through a rigorous screening process, Ms Campbell was chosen for her positive personality and selflessness.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "This is my first pageant, but the reason I chose to get involved was because I saw that it's a charity pageant, focusing on inner beauty.
"It's more about personality. I still had to send in photos, but it was a lot of phone calls to narrow me down as someone who takes part in volunteering as opposed to just wearing a crown.
- 1 Decision due over controversial plans for 200 new homes
- 2 Town council chaos emerges with groups not paying rent for decades
- 3 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 4 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 5 'Unbelievably shocked': Norfolk garage team named best in country
- 6 'He would light up a room' - Tributes to community stalwart, Ian Harrison
- 7 Two cars involved in crash on A11 slip road
- 8 Attleborough gas work road closures postponed until after Christmas
- 9 Road closed after tractor trailor overturns near Wymondham
- 10 Amazing drone footage shows Flying Scotsman travelling through Norfolk
"The main goal for me is to raise money for Variety the children's charity and to become a voice in my community for young people in Attleborough - who I believe are underrepresented."
A sixth form student at Attleborough Academy, currently studying English Literature, Psychology and Music, Ms Campbell also volunteers at a care home and gives up her time to help teach young children languages.
The teen will represent Norwich in Britain's Junior Miss pageant from April 12, 2020, at Northwich Memorial Court in Cheshire.
She will be competing in four categories including, charity T-shirt, jeans and heels, black and sequins, an evening gown section and environmental section - where each contestant has to make a dress which is least harmful to the environment.
Ms Campbell added: "I'm beyond grateful for the opportunity to be Junior Miss Norwich and to help not only the amazing charity Variety but our community become an inclusive and supportive one."