Bobby on the bus scheme
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.
PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.45am and 12.45pm on Monday , which serves the rural areas of Barford, Tacolneston, Ashwellthorpe, Silfield, Barnham Broom, Morley, Hethersett and Mulbarton.
Passengers will get the opportunity to speak to their local bobby and pick up some free crime prevention advice.
PCSO Shelley said: 'We have been engaging with elderly residents on the Flexibus for the past couple of months. The bus riders have the chance to chat to their local officer about their community concerns in a place that is convenient for them.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Howzat? Designer creates 3D printed cricket machine from Norfolk garage
- 2 'Such a shame' - youth football club targeted by criminals twice in two days
- 3 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 4 Great British Bake Off star endorses charity's special lockdown recipe book
- 5 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 6 Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- 7 Norfolk coronavirus infection rates fall further
- 8 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 9 Man suffers life-threatening injuries in crash which closed A11 for several hours
- 10 ‘Play your part in history’ - army of Norfolk volunteers needed for Covid vaccine roll out