Bobby on the bus scheme
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.
PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.45am and 12.45pm on Monday , which serves the rural areas of Barford, Tacolneston, Ashwellthorpe, Silfield, Barnham Broom, Morley, Hethersett and Mulbarton.
Passengers will get the opportunity to speak to their local bobby and pick up some free crime prevention advice.
PCSO Shelley said: 'We have been engaging with elderly residents on the Flexibus for the past couple of months. The bus riders have the chance to chat to their local officer about their community concerns in a place that is convenient for them.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 2 Norfolk nurse's 'lightbulb moment' leads to star-studded dog show panel
- 3 Estate agent makes thoughtful donation to 'amazing' NHS heroes
- 4 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 5 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Norfolk college is national finalist in 'Oscars of teaching profession'