Bobby on the bus scheme
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.
PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.45am and 12.45pm on Monday , which serves the rural areas of Barford, Tacolneston, Ashwellthorpe, Silfield, Barnham Broom, Morley, Hethersett and Mulbarton.
Passengers will get the opportunity to speak to their local bobby and pick up some free crime prevention advice.
PCSO Shelley said: 'We have been engaging with elderly residents on the Flexibus for the past couple of months. The bus riders have the chance to chat to their local officer about their community concerns in a place that is convenient for them.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's what they need to thrive': Butchers for dogs opens in town
- 2 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 3 New interior design and homeware shop opens in town
- 4 Draconid meteor shower to be visible over Norfolk next month
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Showers and clear spells in Norfolk and Waveney this week
- 7 How are Norfolk donkeys helping to spark joy across the county?
- 8 Met Office to appeal over refusal of 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar tower
- 9 Take a trip down memory lane to Wymondham College in the 1960s
- 10 A11 closed after lorry crashes into central reservation