Bobby on the bus scheme
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.
A police community support officer will be catching the bus around Wymondham next week to listen to passengers' concerns.
PCSO Daniel Shelley will be hopping onto the Wymondham Flexibus between 8.45am and 12.45pm on Monday , which serves the rural areas of Barford, Tacolneston, Ashwellthorpe, Silfield, Barnham Broom, Morley, Hethersett and Mulbarton.
Passengers will get the opportunity to speak to their local bobby and pick up some free crime prevention advice.
PCSO Shelley said: 'We have been engaging with elderly residents on the Flexibus for the past couple of months. The bus riders have the chance to chat to their local officer about their community concerns in a place that is convenient for them.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 3 Norfolk MP denies breaking ministerial code by working for PPE firm
- 4 Fears raised that supermarkets are Covid-spreading hotspots
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 'Worrying' numbers had access to data centres holding confidential info
- 8 More than 1,000 laptops donated to children in need in campaign
- 9 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 10 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city